Dearly beloved, we trust the Lord is keeping you under His wings even at such a time as this.
Like many brethren are, i’m sure you must have been waiting eagerly for some direction with respect to our 2020 Convention.
The Executive committee (EXCO) in conjunction with the Board of Trustees
(BoT) had a very long and detailed business meeting on the 28th March 2020. We made the decision that even though the Convention is still 6 weeks away, there are already significant evidence of disruptions to our planning to host a very successful conference. We reviewed the evidence FOR or AGAINST holding the convention and decided that in this instance we should NOT HOLD our annual Convention this year as previously planned.
This decision has not been made lightly and we do appreciate what this
would mean for many of us who have put advance plans in place for the
convention. The ExCo and BoT would like to hear from you if you have any concerns about this decision, please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss your concerns.
We are also cognisant of the fact that a number of the brethren have
paid deposits down for the accommodation at the venue. Be re-assured that the LOC will be in discussion with the hotel to negotiate all that’s needed to make sure none of us is left out of pocket. we willappreciate if you direct all your concerns with respect to your booking to the LOC chairman. We would want him to do the block negotiation on our behalf with the hotel rather than on individual levels.
Finally, let me assure you of the continued pastoral support of the EXCO and we would have a number of activities lined up to make sure “the fellowship where good things never cease” continues even at such a time as this.